(AOTN) IMDb, the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, today announced that for the second year in a row, writer/director/podcaster Kevin Smith will host original celebrity video interviews, the IMDboat party, a 90-minute live show, IMDb LIVE At San Diego Comic-Con, Presented by XFINITY and other exclusive convention coverage aboard the IMDboat (#IMDboat) at San Diego Comic-Con® International 2017.
Celebrities who are scheduled to appear on The IMDboat at Comic-Con 2017 include the following: Stan Lee, Seth Rogen and the casts of Arrow, Doctor Who, The Flash, Vikings, The Walking Dead and more.
IMDb’s expanded Comic-Con 2017 presence includes the following: the addition of a massive LED screen located on the back of IMDboat so that fans on the street can watch live as Kevin Smith interviews leading celebrities; IMDb street teams who will will give away swag bags to fans at Comic-Con; and expanded off-boat editorial coverage such as breaking news from the Convention Center floor, trending stories and daily recaps.
“For the second year in a row, IMDb will create unique, multi-platform Comic-Con coverage that celebrates, chronicles and broadcasts the action from the world’s biggest celebration of fandom,” said Rob Grady, IMDb’s COO. “IMDboat is a floating video set for interviews and coverage, a hub for exclusive fan experiences and sponsor activations, an oasis for talent and an industry meeting and networking space. Our goal is to create unique experiences that make IMDb an even more engaging daily destination while empowering hundreds of millions of IMDb customers all over the world to virtually attend Comic-Con.”
About IMDboat at San Diego Comic-Con
IMDboat, which is accessible by invitation only, will serve as a gateway to top entertainment brands and properties including Comcast’s XFINITY, Activision’s Call of Duty WWII, STX’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and LEGO Star Wars by creating a must stop destination for talent, industry VIPs and fans. The boat will be docked at Fifth Avenue Landing, immediately behind the San Diego Convention Center, and opens to invited guests on Thursday, July 20.
Events on and around the IMDboat at Comic-Con include:
· From Thursday through Saturday (July 20-22), IMDb will produce original video coverage on the open-air top deck, including Kevin Smith’s interviews with the casts of Arrow, Doctor Who, The Flash, Vikings, The Walking Dead and more.
· On Thursday (July 20) from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM in room 6A in the San Diego Convention Center, Kevin Smith will moderate IMDb’s first-ever Comic-Con panel, “Kevin Smith’s Comic Book Movie Trivia Mayhem Panel, Presented by comiXology and IMDb.” Kevin will be joined by a panel of pop culture expert contestants (including: Fatman on Batman’s Marc Bernardin; Julie and Shawna Benson, writers of The CW’s The 100; and DC Comics’ Batgirl and the Birds of Prey) who will play a competitive round of comic book movie trivia. Col Needham, IMDb founder and CEO, and comiXology CEO David Steinberger will judge the panel, awarding points based on the creativity of the answers.
· The second-annual IMDboat Party, Presented by XFINITY will take place on Friday, July 21, from 7:30 PM to 11 PM. Special guests include: Kevin Smith; notable celebrities; industry influencers; IMDb, Amazon Studios, XFINITY, Activision, LEGO, STX, Twitch, Twitter and SModCo executives; and more. This is an invitation-only event.
· From Thursday through Saturday (July 20-22), select fans who post photos to their social media accounts using the hashtag #IMDboat will have the opportunity to come aboard and enjoy the first deck of the IMDboat as space permits from 2 PM to 4 PM. Information about how to access the IMDboat will be provided by IMDb street teams as they distribute swag bags and interact with fans. In addition, for the first time, convention goers will be able to watch Kevin Smith’s celebrity interviews and other IMDb Comic-Con coverage on a massive LED screen mounted to the IMDboat (facing the Convention Center).
· On Saturday, July 22, beginning at 3:30 PM Pacific time, Kevin Smith will host IMDb LIVE At San Diego Comic-Con, Presented by XFINITY, a 90-minute live-streaming show broadcast on IMDb, Twitch.tv and Twitter. The show will feature Kevin Smith’s wrap-up
analysis of the convention along with conversations with special celebrity guests. Scheduled guests include Seth Rogen, Josh Hutcherson, Elijah Wood and more.
· The XFINITY Call of Duty WWII Lounge: From Thurdsay thorugh Saturday (July 20-22), fans and industry VIPs on the first deck aboard the IMDboat can relax and unwind in The XFINITY Call of Duty WWII Lounge which will offer fans early (beta) access to play the new Call of Duty WWII before it hits stores and other special experiences.
To follow IMDb’s exclusive Comic-Con coverage throughout the convention, which includes breaking news, expert analysis, original celebrity interviews, trending information, a 90-minute live show, field pieces shot around the convention (featuring fans, cosplay and top stories of the day), daily Comic-Con recaps, and more, visit http://www.imdb.com/comic-con, follow #IMDboat on Twitter or visit IMDb’s official Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/imdb) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/imdb/) accounts. Coverage will be accessible by IMDb’s more than 250 million unique monthly visitors worldwide via IMDb’s website, mobile apps and social media accounts (including Snapchat and You Tube).
To watch video highlights of IMDb’s original celebrity interviews aboard the The IMDboat at Comic-Con 2016, go to: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5831312/videoplayer/vi2319562521.
We are super excited to bring you in-depth coverage of this years IMDB Boat. Stay tuned.
The post IMDboat SETS SAIL FOR COMIC-CON WITH HOST KEVIN SMITH appeared first on Age of The Nerd.